A lot of people are used to seeing concrete as this plain material that may be gray, brown, or any other similar hue. While some embrace the pure appearance of concrete, some dream for something more customized in a color that they want. Colored concrete can do exactly that. It is a way of coloring the slab using a stain, dye, or colored powder.
Why choose colored concrete?
There are other decorative flooring and paving materials out there that can make a boring concrete floor come to life. However, these are either expensive, difficult to install. If you are confused about which one to go with. Here is a list of benefits of coloring concrete floor instead:
- Colored concrete offers a wide range of color choices that you can mix and match to acquire the exact one that you like.
- Comes in the colors of natural stone, brick, and other natural paving materials.
- Effective for covering up ugly stains caused by spilled fluids or the natural discoloration that occurs in old, unsealed concrete.
- Affordable as compared to other decorative paving materials. Some types of coloring agent last several years as long as it is properly installed.
Popular Mediums for Coloring Concrete
There are many different ways to color concrete surfaces. Here are some of the most commonly used today:
- Concrete Stains – Offers two versions: acid and water-based stains. The stain is applied on top of the concrete slab but it penetrates deep within.
- Integral Colors – This is in powder form and is mixed into the concrete mix before installation. Because it is mixed with the concrete itself, the colors are a bit more subtle.
- Dry-shake Powder – After a concrete slab or overlay has been installed, this powdered coloring is broadcasted on the surface until it seeps into the wet concrete slab.
- Concrete Dye – This also comes in two types: solvent and water-based dye. It produces very translucent colors.
Enhance your concrete spaces with colored concrete. Call (720) 545-1766 for more info.
Concrete is not exactly the kind of material that would stand out in a neighborhood. Make it a lot more captivating with colored water-based and acid stain concrete. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Denver Concrete Artisans has the skill and experience to color concrete with utmost perfection. But don’t take our word for it. We invite you to give us a call so you could request your free consultation and quote!