Concrete surfaces are prone to damage, both physically and structurally. It is a very porous material so any stain or discolored spot can be quite difficult to remove. Some homeowners are seeking help replacing the current finish that they have especially when it starts to flake, crack, bubble, or peel. Whatever the case, there are concrete refinishing coatings in Denver CO that can turn all those around.
Is Floor Refinishing Denver CO the Same as Resurfacing?
It is common for people to confuse or interchange concrete floor refinishing with resurfacing. There is just a slight difference between the two. Floor refinishing is changing or updating the finish or uppermost layer of a concrete surface. Common issues are stains, discoloration, and worn-out finishes in need of concrete sealing. Resurfacing, on the other hand, involves more than just applying a finish. To resurface concrete also uses a thin layer of overlay or coating to replace the old surface of the concrete slab.
Top Denver Concrete Refinishing Options
Refinishing can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Don’t worry! We’ve listed down ways to refinish your floors like you’ve never known before.
- Stained Concrete – When concrete starts to look dull, old, and worn out, a splash of color would create a refreshing transformation. This indoor concrete floor finish which comes in both acid and water based stains, offer a wide range of color selections. Trying to match the color of your exterior or an old connecting surface? In concrete staining, colors can be customized to create a match ideal for any patio, pool deck, driveway or garage flooring ideas. This can be a good alternative to hardwood floor.
- Polished Concrete – Several scratches on concrete can make it look dull and flat. Spotty white spots may also soon appear due to certain minerals rising up to the surface of the slab. To get rid of this and acquire a more elegant shine, polishing the concrete is highly recommended. This grinding process removes the uppermost layer of the concrete and sands the new surface until it is smooth and shiny enough to reflect light.
- Concrete Sealing – Most Denver CO contractors highly recommend concrete sealing Denver any concrete surface. This makes sense because concrete is such a porous material so it needs a protective layer that will keep any coating or finish intact. Concrete sealing Denver however, only last a couple of years so it is a must to have it resealed to maintain the sheen and protection it provides.
Cost of Floor Refinishing Denver Concrete
Refinishing a concrete surface is a cost-effective option because it restores the existing slab, improves its appearance, and extends its lifespan. Although more affordable, there are certain factors that could greatly influence the total cost of concrete refinishing, such as:
- The type of refinishing system used
- The size of the concrete space that needs refinishing
- The level of surface preparation needed, including repairs
- The wear and tear your floors have faced
- Additional services, such as custom scoring, engraving, and more.
Maintenance Tips for Floor Refinishing Denver Concrete
Get your floors lasting for years and looking like brand new concrete! The key? Maintenance! Decorative Concrete utilizes existing concrete to make it like new without getting a replacement but it doesn’t mean they’re immortal. Here are some great maintenance tips for you to do!
- Sweep Right. Even sweeping can be done wrong if you’re not careful. Scratches and abrasive particles can work their way into the sealer and grind it out leaving marks. Get a soft broom or dust mob to replace those brooms with harsh bristtles. This takes care of the concrete sealing Denver you’d availed and makes sure the gloss and shine won’t be dimmed.
- Rinse & Repeat. Although water is damaging to concrete, occasional mopping with soap and water will do wonders to remove any grime and dirt that has built up on top of the surface. The longer they stay, the harder it will be to take it off so if any spills and mess occurs, take out that sponge and start scrubbing. Better get it done quickly!
- Avoid certain Chemicals. Salts, ammonium, and rust can not only stain your floor but also break down the sealer and concrete like seawater does to rocks. Be careful and do your best to use clean, purified water when exposing your floors to liquid substances.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to get concrete sealed?
Sealing your concrete is usually included in the payment of a refinishing or resrufacing job but for resealing alone, the price will cost you $1 to 4$ per square foot.
Is concrete sealing worth it?
A definite yes. Concrete sealing keeps your floors stain and scratch free. Should there be any cracks or damage in your concrete, having a sealer on top helps avoid any moisture and water seeping into the base of your concrete and potentially cause spalling problems. Sealers also give you a nice shiny finish that you can enjoy for up to three years before getting it resealed.
Can you seal concrete?
Yes and sealers have instructions on the package label. Just make sure your concrete has been cleaned and grinded properly for a nice finish. For best results, we recommend you to hire professional concrete contractors to inspect your floors for cracks, stains and remains from a previous resurfacing job.
Tired of Dealing with Dull and Unfinished Concrete? Call (720) 545-1766 to Breathe New Life into Your Concrete Spaces.
Stains, patches, and discoloration may just be superficial but it hugely affects the value of any concrete surface. Even physical damage deserves to be addressed appropriately. Denver Concrete Artisans, a concrete refinishing company, offers efficient concrete refinishing systems to improve and update patios, driveways, pool decks, interior floors, and other concrete surfaces. Contact us and we guarantee concrete surfaces that look like something out of a magazine.
Make sure to call us or email us to request a free in-home consultation, inspection, and estimate for floor installation and floor restoration or any flooring project services. We service the surrounding cities in Denver area.